HEARTS of SPACE
This policy explains how Hearts of Space (HOS) treats personal information that we collect and receive, including information related to your use of the HOS service.
Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable, such as your name and contact details, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that HOS does not own or control, or to people that HOS does not employ or manage.
HOS collects personal information when you register with HOS, when you use the HOS services, when you visit HOS pages or the pages of certain HOS partners, and when you enter special offers. HOS may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies in order to serve you better.
When you register we ask for information including name and user ID, password, and, email address. Once you register with HOS and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. When you purchase services or a subscription, HOS requests additional information for billing purposes, including credit card, billing address, and other billing and payment information.
To subscribe to the service HOS requests additional information for billing purposes, including credit card and/or other billing and payment information.
HOS collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of services that we offer.
HOS automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, HOS cookie information, and the page(s) and service(s) you request.
• fulfill your requests for products and services, and improve our products and services
• deliver and bill HOS products and services
• verify access rights to premium content or other services requiring access rights
• determine if you meet the minimum system requirements to use our services
• provide you with content, services, and messages based on your preferences and geographic location, postal/ZIP code, country
• improve our services to you through research and surveys
• provide you with targeted messages, promotions and special offers
• provide required anonymous data to rights collection agencies such as ASCAP, BMI, and SoundExchange and other such organizations for the purpose of paying and distributing royalties to artists, writers, publishers, record companies, and other copyright owners
• provide anonymous data to internal and external parties on traffic and usage patterns of our products and services
A person must be 18 years of age or older to register for the HOS Service, and if younger than 18 you must have the authorization and supervision of a parent or guardian.
HOS never rents, sells, or shares personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
• We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with HOS under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help HOS communicate with you about offers from HOS. However, these companies do not have any independent right to use or share this information.
• We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
HOS may display targeted messages based on personal information you give us. HOS does not provide any personal information to third party advertisers when you interact with or view a targeted message. However, by interacting with or viewing a targeted message you are consenting to the possibility that an advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the message.
Like most web sites, HOS uses "cookies" to track traffic patterns on our web site, and provide users with a customized experience when using our products and services. As such:
• HOS may set and access HOS cookies on your computer.
• HOS treats any personal information that may be contained in cookies with the same confidentiality as other information you provide to us.
You can edit your HOS Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the HOS service, such as service announcements and administrative messages that are considered part of your HOS account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. These are necessary to inform you of anything that may affect your account.
HOS maintains the following controls to protect the security of information you provide us, including credit card and billing details collected:
• We limit access to your personal information to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
• We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
• Your HOS Account Information is password-protected.
• HOS uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
• Use of encryption for sensitive personal information, such as credit card numbers and user names.
HOS may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your HOS account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.